SOPA is Unilateral, Single-sided control of the World Wide Web, Domain Names and IP Addresses!
SOPA noticeably promotes unilateral censorship:
"To promote prosperity, creativity, entrepreneurship, and innovation by combating the theft of U.S. property, and for other purposes." —H.R. 3261
If passed, the SOPA Bill will damage the Internet and World Wide Web:
- SOPA infringes Human Rights in an Internet, World Wide Web and online world.
- SOPA is Internet censorship.
- SOPA will cripple the Internet
- SOPA will threaten whistle-blowing and other free speech.
- SOPA may be replicated by other authoritarian governments of the world thus threatens the very notion of freedom of expression.
- SOPA will prevent developing countries to create any intellectual ideas, products or content that is already copyrighted and protected in the US.
- Despite the fact that the U.S. has been very vocal against censorship in other countries, it is attempting to censorship itself and will create the wrong example for other countries to follow and implement against their own citizens.
A vote is presently scheduled for Wednesday, 21st December, 2011 this week!
You must understand that:
- The SOPA bill was introduced in the United States House of Representatives on 26th October, 2011, by Representative Lamar Smith and a bipartisan group of 12 initial co-sponsors.
- This bill stifles Internet and Web based Social and Cultural Innovation and Free expression as it expands the ability of U.S.only law enforcement and U.S. only copyright holders to fight online trafficking in U.S. copyrighted intellectual property and U.S. counterfeit goods.
- It would allow the U.S. Department of Justice, as well as U.S. copyright holders, to seek court orders against websites accused of enabling or facilitating copyright infringement and if the court orders, the actions could include barring online advertising networks and payment facilitators such as PayPal from doing business with the infringing website, barring search engines from linking to such sites, and requiring Internet service providers to block access to such sites.
- It makes unauthorized streaming of copyrighted content a felony.
- It gives immunity to Internet services that voluntarily take action against websites dedicated to infringement, while making liable for damages any copyright holder who knowingly misrepresents that a website is dedicated to infringement.
- SOPA is an example of a narrow elite taking central control of Social and Cultural Expression.
- The global Internet and Web Citizenry have to be always vigilant of these threats that the web might become frightening to use.
- Online Freedom of Expression is breaking down hierarchical assumptions that some do not like.
- The web has already changed, improved or threatened the way society, economy and politics and cannot function like the old days of the Industrial Revolution.
- The Internet and Web has given everyone connecting online the opportunity to be anyone, anywhere and anytime.
- The Internet and Web has given everyone the opportunity to be read, heard or seen thus promote themselves in a system that was controlled by corporations and monopolists.
- The Internet and Web have been providing opportunities that have never been provided to the individual human being before.
- User generated self promoted online content is shattering global commercial hierarchies.
- The old hierarchies want to sustain their way to discover new talent, content and opportunities through the network and prevent the individual opportunity to blossom.
- The World Wide Web is being colonized by gate keepers and new elites and a handful less than 1% elite would like to control the future of the World Wide Web and free expression.
SOPA will break the Internet and the
World Wide Web!
World Wide Web!
WE, citizens of the world must help and encourage our policy makers to keep the Internet and World Wide Web free, equal and open for me, you and the entire human race!