Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Global Voices Online not accessible anymore in Pakistan

Either this is some kind of technical issues with my DSL Internet Service by CyberNet in Pakistan or it's true that I cannot access the Global Voices Online blogs from my country. For those that might know, Global Voices Online is an international network of bloggers and citizen journalists that follow, report, and summarizes what is going on in the blogosphere in every corner of the world. It's a non-profit website and/or project started by the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School, growing out of an international bloggers' meeting in December 2004, and is founded by Ethan Zuckerman and Rebecca MacKinnon.

Okay so its clear we've seen lots of other websites getting censored and banned in this region but I am feeling rather disappointed after I've find out this while trying to seek people's comments from around the world on the Internet Governance Forum IGF2009 taking place next week in Sharam El-Sheikh Egypt that I too am attending. There must have been some interesting discussions on the Global Voices Online blogs that I could have read and shared at the IGF.

The last resort I have now is to use Google's or some other website's online blog feed reader to read what's happening at the Global Voices Online website with regards to the IGF'09. If you scroll down this blog page, you will see posts from some of the blogs that I am following and find the first update from Global Voices Online. These bans Uhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly leave your comments here but the author reserves the right to include or exclude comments where deemed necessary.